Nicole Corbett, MA, MSW, RSW
Clinical Social Worker
People who seek counselling are typically looking for support and/or change in their lives and not to be dependent on counselling for years to follow. Counselling provides a safe space to discuss the hardships that we struggle with on a day-to-day basis, their impact, as well as to explore possible solutions and begin a journey along a different, happier path. I am an open-minded, non-judgmental and empathetic social worker who has over 20 years experience working in the field. I have worked with clients who have experienced a variety of issues such as anxiety, depression, intense emotion issues, losses and relationships hurdles. My philosophy revolves around the notion that people are good, able to change and that relationships are all about repair. I work mostly within the framework of client-centered, strength-based, attachment, systems and cognitive behavioural therapy. I see my role as a short-term, objective listener, facilitator, teacher and coach for the clients who are willing to explore a different path. I look forward to embarking on this adventure with you.
Areas of Practice
Individual (youth and adult)
• Relationship counselling, communication, pre-marital counselling, marriage and post-marriage counselling, including separation/divorce support and reconciliation after separation counselling
Modalities most commonly used: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Emotionally Focussed Therapy, Eco-Systemic Family Therapy, Dialectic Behaviour Therapy.
All work is grounded in Cognitive and Attachment theories.
Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Self-Esteem and other mood disorders
Co-dependancy and families struggling with their loved one’s addiction
Grief, Loss, Fertility Issues, Life Transitions
• Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
• Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW)
Education and Training
- Master’s in Social Work (2020). University of Windsor – Windsor, Ontario
- Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Certificate, Adler Institute – Toronto, Ontario
- Dispute Resolution Certificate (Family Mediation) York University – Toronto, Ontario
- Master of Arts – Sociology (2007) Lakehead University – Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Bachelor of Social Work – Honours (2006) Lakehead University – Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Bachelor of Arts – Honours – Double majors in Law in Society and Sociology (2001) York University – Toronto, Ontario / University of New Brunswick – Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Law and Security Administration Diploma (1997) Humber College – Etobicoke, Ontario
- Business Administration Diploma (1995) Northern College – Kapuskasing, Ontario