Unfortunately, counselling services are NOT covered by OHIP.
Our services are covered by most insurance companies (SunLife, GreatWest Life, Manulife, CAA, Green Shield Insurance, Johnson, etc…). The organization that you work for decides your group policy; therefore not all policies under the same provider have the same coverage. Unfortunately, insurance companies do not allow us to verify your coverage on your behalf. You can usually find this information online or you could call your provider prior to your appointment to determine coverage. At the end of each appointment, you will receive a receipt from your counsellor. You’ll be able to present that receipt to your insurance provider for reimbursement. It’s the client’s responsibility to know if such receipts are acceptable to your insurance company. Be aware that some insurance companies only cover a portion of the cost of counselling.
Before your appointment, contact your insurance company for details on your coverage. Be sure to verify the following:
- What counselling services are covered by your policy (This is usually found under psychology services, ie: social work, psychotherapy, psychology, etc.)
- Who is covered, per person and per family
- If the insurer pays a set amount per visit, a portion of the fee per visit, or a total amount independent of sessions
- If session length is an issue
- If you need a physician’s referral
- The procedure for reimbursement
|PHSCP (Federal Government)|
|Medavie Blue Cross|
Accepted Payment Options
We are able to accept the following payment options: